Monday, May 27, 2013

Today

Today on Memorial Day, on Rachel Carson's birthday,

I send love and prayers to the thousands of women and men in the US military who are sexually assaulted by men in the US military and have received no justice. 

I send love and prayers to the dozens of men who are living with breast cancer as a result of water at the Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune being contaminated with carcinogenic chemicals, and to the people who have died as a result of those carcinogenic chemicals at Camp Lejeune. 

I send love and prayers to the dolphins, whales, and sea creatures who have died as a result of Navy activity. 

I send love and prayers to ALL people, animals, plants, and trees harmed by environmental destruction caused by the US military, the world's largest polluter. 

I send love and prayers to the families of all people who have been killed or harmed in wars - women, children, men, members of the military, and civilians, in the US and all countries. 

I send love and prayers to the thousands of "comfort women" of Japan, who were forced by their own government to endure multiple rapes by soldiers, and never received justice. 

I send love and prayers to the families who are living with or have died from cancer as a result of living too close to the Rocky Flats nuclear weapons facility, or other nuclear weapons facility, and did not receive any protection. 



I send prayers for an immediate end to all war, violence, and destruction of the Earth.

I send prayers for peace, and for all humans to have deep respect for the interconnected web of life of which we are all a part.

No comments:

Post a Comment