Monday, March 15, 2010

GREAT NEWS!!!!

My Oncotype test results are in! I scored a FIFTEEN!!! That means NO CHEMO!!!! :) Receiving a score below 18 (on a scale of 1-100) means that your chance of having a recurrence of cancer in the next 10 years is LOW. People with scores of less than 18receive "little to no benefit" from chemo and thus don't need it. It is 90% likely that I will NOT have a recurrence of breast cancer in the next 10 years.

WOOOHOOO!!!!!

In other news, I had my radiation planning session this morning, and it wasn't so bad. They put 3 tiny tattoos on my skin to mark the radiation sites and that was slightly painful but not nearly as bad as all the other needle procedures I've had during the past 5 months! My radiation sessions will be every day at 2 pm from next Tuesday until sometime in May.

2 comments:

  1. WOOO! i am so excited for you.

    And now you have tattoos :). i'm trying to see the bright side on this, OK???

    I am hoping radiation is not so bad for you. I am thinking it will be manageable. You can do it!!!

    See you this weekend???

    -steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, steph. :) i would consider even getting a REAL tattoo after all of this is over (where the radiation-tattoo-dot is), if only they would inject me with lidocaine first! haha

    ReplyDelete