Saturday, February 6, 2010

today was so much better!

i feel SO much better now!! :) it was a very good day! i cleared enough floor space for my yoga mat (but haven't done yoga yet), and my roommate gave me a check for the bills, and i did a load of laundry, and bought amazing anti-cancer food at the co op... then my dear friend cathryn came over to help me with stuff and that was AWESOME. we talked the whole time, and thus, my chores were actually FUN! she helped me do all the dishes in the sink, grind my flax seeds, change my brita filter, and bring 2 months worth of stuff to the recycling center, wow. it was so helpful. it felt awesome to simultaneously feel satisfaction due to productivity AND joy due to being with a friend. i felt a lightness today that had really been missing. (thank you, cathryn! love you!)

and then we went out for lovely, lovely lemon balm/oatstraw/skullcap tea (thanks, anneka!!), and as i drove home, the glowing pink sunset was so beautiful it made me teary. i returned home to a fridge full of healthy groceries and a BEAUTIFULLY clean kitchen that made me excited about cooking. i made and ate a delicious fried egg and goat cheese sandwich with sauteed onions and mushrooms, a spinach salad with fig & walnut vinaigrette dressing and ground flax seeds, and half a gluten-free/vegan/refined-sugar-free/still-delicious chocolate chip cookie with peanut butter.

i feel SO much better now. i have wonderful friends, clean clothes, a clean kitchen, clean water, a belly full of healthy food, a happy heart, and just ROOM TO BREATHE! and i know tomorrow, and tomorrow's tomorrow, will be just fine!

4 comments:

  1. Britta, I'm so glad to hear that today was a better day!! You deserve to feel happy and have great days!!!

    I'm looking forward to seeing you soon!!!

    xoxoxo
    Margot

    ReplyDelete
  2. now that i am addicted to facebook i keep wishing that all sites had a "like" button. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. *sigh.* that makes me feel warm and fuzzy. I wish i could have been there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Love,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete