Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Zzzzzz???

Well, Percocet makes me babbly (at least in writing and in my head; it doesn't spill out of my mouth), but not sleepy. I took the full doses throughout the night and was pain-free, but hardly slept. The Percocet made me so relaxed that I didn't MIND lying there for 10 hours and only sleeping approximately 3, but ya know, my body NEEDS the sleep. Now I'm a little cranky. And I'm inquiring about whether there's a sleep aid I can safely take. I don't think I should attempt to drive the 45 mins home until A) I have slept a bit, and B) I have switched from Perc to a less intense OTC pain-reliever, or at least am between doses of Perc. I'm not sure yet if those conditions will be met today...or if I'll be here at my mom's another night!

6 comments:

  1. Why are you even thinking of driving home by yourself anyways? May we just come and pick you up? Call me - you have the number

    love and light

    Arlie

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you arlie...
    i'm going to spend another night here, i think. and my mom will drive me home if i still need help tomorrow! and my surgeon said it's okay to use benadryl to sleep. so i'm about to go do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get some sleep, sweetheart. Stay with Mama Cindy as long as you need to. I'm sure she loves taking care of you. =) Feel my hug. xo --T

    ReplyDelete
  4. T, i've had eshka every night, which i haven't done in years. hugs back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. my first thought was exactly like arlie's! be easy on yourself! <3 you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. zomg. get some sleep, then drive! you butt! :)

    (i would want to be home too. there is something sacred about *my* bed.)

    ReplyDelete