Monday, January 4, 2010

Surgery's Still On!

I'm better today! I went to the doctor's this morning, and was told I just have a cold/virus - no infection or anything. And my fever was down to 99.7 this morning, steadily decreased all day, and now it is back to normal. So as long as the fever stays away and I'm still fine in the morning (KNOCK ON WOOD), I'm good to go!

We'll be leaving at 7:30 am for the hospital. At 9:10 I go to the mammography dept for a "needle biopsy something-or-other" procedure, when they'll put a catheter [EDIT: whoever it was on the phone that used this word was wrong!] in my boob. OH JOY. Then I have to be transported by WHEELCHAIR (due to the pain meds, apparently) to the "Same Day Program Area," where I'll quickly talk with the anesthesiologist and my surgeon again... and then surgery should be 3.5 hours. Recovery from anesthesia will take about 2 hours, and then I should be able to leave by 3:30 or 4 pm.

I'm leaving my cell phone with my family tomorrow, so if you want to call it for an update or to leave a message, one of my family members may even answer it! :) If you don't have my cell phone number, you can get it from my FB page if we are friends on FB... Because I'm obviously not going to post it in a public blog! And Andee will probably be updating my blog for me until I am well enough to do it myself - thank you, Andee!

Thank you all so much for your love and support. I'm feeling much better today not just physically, but emotionally. I feel calm again, and ready.

I will end with something funny - when the nurse called me this afternoon to give me instructions and details for tomorrow, one thing she told me was not to wear deodorant tomorrow, because "if there is alcohol in it, it may pose a fire hazard in the operating room." HAAAA! Can you imagine if my armpits burst into flames mid-surgery?! That would be hilarious.

Okay, gonna get ready for dinner and early bed. Thanks, all. XOXOX

2 comments:

  1. i'll be thinking about you brit! & i'll update the blog when i hear from your mama. xxoxoxooxoxxoxoxoxo!!!!!!!!!!! <3!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so, so much, Britta for keeping this blog, and thank you, Andee, in advance, for keeping us blog addicts up to date with Britta's big day and recovery.

    (((Hugs and Love!)))

    -Shawna

    ReplyDelete