Tuesday, January 12, 2010

News

K called me tonight.
GOOD NEWS: MY LYMPH NODES ARE CLEAR/HEALTHY!
Bad news: My margins were not clear. I have to go back for a second surgery, so K can remove a little bit more tissue.

That was really hard to hear. It is not horrible news, meaning, I am not in DANGER from this... the cancer has not spread or grown or anything like that, and my prognosis is still excellent. It's just that she didn't quite take out enough of the tissue that was surrounding my tumor. I don't know how to explain it, or the technical terms and all that... but she assured me this second surgery won't be a big deal, it'll only take 20 mins and I'll probably just need a sedative and local anesthesia, not general, and she'll just be re-opening the incision that already is there, not making a new one, and I'll recover quickly and easily.

I'm not looking forward to a second surgery - the possibility hadn't even crossed my mind - but I'm trying to focus on the VERY GOOD NEWS that my lymph nodes are clear.

4 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HURRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!HIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HERRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Margins Schmargins. Oye. Another surgery, but it sounds like it will be a piece of cake. Chocolate mocha cake with marzipan filling and coconut frosting with a side of cherries to be exact. I'm thrilled for you, Britta. Nice to hear your voice today.

    I love you,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. i said it on FB already- but WOOHOO!

    I mean, more surgery sucks. But- if she's thinking about doing it with a local, that can't be that bad.

    Hooray for non-spread cancers!

    -steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am soooooooo happy to here about the lymph nodes. Big hugs rom the flying Harts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad to hear about your lymph nodes!!! xoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete