Sunday, January 3, 2010

I'm Sick

Surgery is the day after tomorrow, and I'm sick. :( I barely slept last night, then woke up with a fever, cough, and headache, and just generally feel like crap. I had to cancel everything fun I had planned for today, which really made me upset, and I have spent almost the entire day in bed - either sleeping, dozing with my cat, reading, watching Girl Interrupted, or eating vegetables and drinking tons of water. I keep repeatedly taking my temperature in hopes that the thermometer is wrong, but the stupid fever lingers.

Hindsight tells me that I should have seen this coming. I was feeling this slightly-panicky feeling of "oh no, only a few days left of freedom and then I'll be an invalid - better make the most of these days!!" And I totally overdid it. I had a really stressful day of work on Dec. 30; then on New Year's Eve, I went out to dinner with friends then stayed up way too late at a party; then in the morning I went to a brunch potluck then spent the rest of the afternoon having a crying meltdown [not BECAUSE of the brunch potluck, though] and again stayed up way too late; and then yesterday I went to visit friends in the afternoon, then had dinner and went ice skating with another friend last night; and today I was ACTUALLY going to try to have a morning mocha with friends, go to a handstands workshop, go to a clothing swap, have dinner at a friend's house, then go out for tea with another friend. It's hard, because I really really WANT to be spending all of this time with my friends and doing exciting things like handstands and ice skating... but I really should have just spent these last few days before surgery resting. Now my body is FORCING me to, with this stupid fever.

1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking about you and sending all my positive "healthy" vibes your way!!!!

    xoxo
    Erin

    ReplyDelete