Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Good Day

Today has been a very good day! A very ANTI-CANCER day! :)

- I slept well, for 8 hours
- I ate delicious, healthy, cancer-fighting food: yogurt with stevia, apple spice cake sweetened with fruit juice only, quinoa with Indian peas/cheese/sauce, a cup of frozen cranberries, two cups of green tea, a little bit of 70% dark chocolate, walnuts, and a vegan/gluten-free/refined sugar-free cookie with raisins and sunflower seeds.
- I walked in the invigorating winter air, for 2 hours!
- I used a positive adjective in relation to winter (see above)
- I had a good conversation with a friend, to process negative emotions
- I journaled more about my mastectomy vs. re-excision + radiation dilemma, and wrote to a few people about it
- I did a load of dishes, cleaned the litter box, paid 3 bills, returned a library book, replied to a bunch of emails, and cleaned a little
- I read over 100 pages of my new Anti-Cancer book, by Dr. David Servan-Schreiber (Thanks, Mom!)
- I cuddled with my cat
- I completed about 2/3 of the set of meeting minutes that are due tomorrow afternoon
- I laughed
- I did 5 pull-ups
- I checked my incisions, and smiled, because they are looking great, and I'm so proud of my body for being so good at healing! I sent happy thoughts to my breasts!
- I emailed myself ideas for how to make tomorrow good, too

One day at a time...

7 comments:

  1. Hi Britta
    You're doing GREAT!

    Love you
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUE!! You're BACK!!! :D how are you? how was it? i will go check your blog! i've been thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this sounds like a beautiful day!! I hope today goes just as fabulous!

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it love it love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Britta, that is awesome! What a great day!!! :) xo --T PS Did you read about Deb's crazy experience on Southwest? Poor Deb! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. T! ROTFL! i know, poor deb! is it bad that i also LAUGHED?? :) i just think it's funny that her reaction to being falsely accused of smoking is to write this huge long rant to her fans on her blog. what the...??
    in any case, i posted a comment on her blog offering to write to southwest on her behalf to explain that not only do i KNOW deborah does not smoke, but i've never smoked a cigarette in my life either, and it's largely due to her positive influence on me during my formative (pre)adolescent years!
    hahahaaa...OMG it's funny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ha ha ha ha! i spotted that positive adjective about winter and thought "what?" even before i read the next line!you're so funny! proud of you! <3 Cathryn

    ReplyDelete