Friday, January 8, 2010

Don't Know

Oh, where to start.

I'm back home... Mom drove me home last night. I was doing fine yesterday until I suddenly had horrible abdominal pain for an hour. The kind where you can barely breathe or move. I don't know what it was or what caused it and I don't really want to talk about it, because it was horrible.

I slept well last night, during the times I actually slept and wasn't kept awake by my STUPID CAT. She is so overly affectionate that while I am sleeping at night, she doesn't just lay at my feet like a normal cat would - she's all up in my face, licking me, sleeping right on top of me in uncomfortable positions, walking all over me in an attempt to get comfortable, etc. So I shut her out of my room last night when I went to sleep, because I knew she'd walk on or sit on my injuries and wouldn't understand not to, and I didn't want to risk getting hurt. But then she whined and pawed frantically at my bedroom door for HOURS. I guess I'd rather be kept awake due to noise than to pain, but still.

What's on the agenda for today? A shower and a walk, again, because I was not entirely successful with those things yesterday.

I don't want to go too far away from the phone, though, because today K is calling to tell me whether or not my lymph nodes have cancer in them. I wasn't nervous about this before, but suddenly I am.

5 comments:

  1. B- could the ab pain be constipation? That Percoset might cause it... I know they stuffed me full of so many stool softners it wasn't a problem for me, but just a thought... I don't want to give unsolicited advice, so if you don't want it, I won't be offended if you ignore this.
    whatever is best for you!

    I am sending you gentle, warm love. xoxox

    -Cora

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, cora...i haven't had any problems going to the bathroom. but my mom thought the pain might have been trapped gas, i.e. maybe my digestive system is sluggish due to the meds and me barely moving for 3 days, since my body is used to being more active. so i've been doing some gentle hula-hooping in the living room (with my arms crossed against my chest so my breast doesn't move), to try and keep my digestive system happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ditto. exactly what i was going to say. drink lots of water and get lots of fiber :)

    Besides the percoset, i'm sure the anesthetics they gave you in the hospital will slow you down too. happens to almost everybody!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending you lots of love and keeping my fingers crossed for good news.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Britta,

    I thought trapped air too. That's what happened to me after my oophorectomy, but for a different reason -- they filled up my abdomen with air to do the procedure and some of the air got caught under my diaphragm. Pain like you wouldn't believe; I could hardly breathe. I can relate and empathize. Not only is it painful but it is scary.

    Please let us know what K said about the sentinel node biopsy. I'm anxious to here.

    Love you,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete