Saturday, December 5, 2009

Rough Night

I had a good day, but now I'm having a bit of a rough night, and I'm not quite sure why. My head and neck are very achey, the way it has felt on those 2 or 3 occasions when I've fallen off the trapeze, only this time I didn't. I wasn't even ON a trapeze. I can't think of anything that happened to my head/neck to make me feel this way!

Or maybe it's the snow that's getting me down. First snow of the year, and most people I know are giddy because of it. Most people I know don't start to hate snow until it's March or April and there's just too much of it and it's gray and slushy and everyone's impatient for spring. But I hate every stupid flake of it from day one!

6 comments:

  1. oh no, that's odd! i wonder what did it? hope it's all gone in the morning! xo cathryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am not a fan of the cold or dark weather- but my car does not seem to mind snow! i have to say i was kind of excited about the weather because i wanted to see if a subaru really WAS better in the snow...

    fortunately (unfortunately?) it wasn't really enough snow to matter...

    also, the darkness this year is really messing with me. Usually i do not have seasonal affective disorder but this year my depression is kind of flaring. I got a full-spectrum light i use at work...

    and also i've been hella achy too. my hips and back keep popping. it's horrid.

    -steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is my philosophy about snow and winter and shorter days: For every day that passes, we are one day closer to the spring. Same goes for every second, so, see, you are now five seconds closer to SPRING! Yay!!!

    Love you,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you had a better day today. Sending you SO much love!!! XOXOXOXOXOX

    love,
    Margot

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks, cathryn, i'm feeling better now!

    steph, thanks! i should get my light box out...it's totally time.

    sue, that's a great way of looking at it. :) love you, too.

    margot, it was so great to see you this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is an episode called "The Bells of Fraggle Rock" In there somewhere. It has a good take on things. I was thinking this morning, as we approach the solstice, that it is a time
    of new beginnings. Bennett was born on the spring equinox,under the full moon, seven seasons ago. Another season, another moon, another smile, another way to mark the path.

    I am curious, do you have a good pair
    of boots and gloves? That makes the snow much more tolerable. Kiki didn't have a decent pair of boots until we met. Her feet were
    always cold. That makes for a long winter in these here parts. ;^)

    Love and Light

    Arlie

    ReplyDelete