Monday, December 7, 2009

Pink Glove Dance


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEdVfyt-mLw (Is that link working??)

I LOOOOVE this video. You may have already seen it, considering it has almost 4 million hits on YouTube! It's a music video that the employees of St. Vincent's hospital did in honor of the fight against BC - everyone dancing in pink gloves! It's so upbeat and uplifting and FUN, but at the same time, it makes me cry every time I watch it. I don't know why! I think it's because it's so touching to see what's probably like a hundred people, all taking time out of their day to do this, putting so much energy and effort into it... EVERYONE is there dancing in their pink gloves, from surgeons to nurses to cafeteria workers to a bald cancer survivor to the old man janitor, and I love that. I love their smiles and laughter. And even though the song ("Down," by Jay Sean) seems like an odd choice to me, the lyrics "Baby, don't worry; you are my only; you won't be lonely; even if the sky is falling down" buoy me. I DO feel everyone on my side. I can totally picture my surgeon and medical team dancing in pink gloves with the rest of them!! My surgeon, especially, is so awesome. I am scared of surgery but I feel so safe in her hands. I know she won't let the sky fall down on me.

1 comment:

  1. Hi

    Link isn't working. What you need to do a) highlight the words you want to use as the link, like Pink Glove Dance; b) then go to that web page and copy the link; c) then in Blogger, choose the little "link" icon in the menu bar above the area you type your post; and d) paste in the html. That should make it work.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete