Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Day 3 - Love & Gratitude

What I want to talk about today is how amazing my family and friends (YES, YOU!!) are. I have been so wonderfully overwhelmed by the outpouring of love and support that I have been receiving ever since the diagnosis. I am so, so, so grateful, for all of your emails and phone calls of support, the hugs and kisses, the well wishes, the sweet surprises, the reassurance you give me when I call you in tears, the way you make me laugh, the way you listen to me ramble on about my fears and uncertainties, the way you help me find the information I need, your outrage on my behalf, your faith in my strength to get through this, your prayers, your incredible offers to hop on a plane right NOW if I ask, the cookies, the soup, the mochas, the way you help me keep my life as normal as possible even when it's not, the way you offer rides and a hand and a listening ear and a place to stay, your attempts at words even when you don't know what to say, your patience and understanding, your herbal remedies, the way you help me get answers to my questions, the healing energy you send to me, your optimism, your love.

THANK YOU.

I've been compiling all of your wonderfully supportive emails/FB messages/etc., printing them out, and sleeping with them under my pillow. It's been helping a lot.

2 comments:

  1. You are the twinkle in every star, Britta.

    I love you,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete